Take the stress out of Christmas!
As much as Christmas is a lovely time of the year, it can also be quite stressful.
We have put together some tips on how to make things a little less stressful.
- Have a clear out at home - Living with to much stuff around us can feel overwhelming. Having a clear out of your things can help you feel more relaxed about new gifts coming into your home.
- Make plans - Make a list of things you would like to do over the festive period. Work out what you can reasonably achieve with the time and money you have, dont over stretch yourself.
- Don't feel guilty - We would all love to see everyone and do everything over Christmas but we all have limited time these days so try not to be guilty if you find you don't have the time to see everyone. Make some time in January to see friends instead.
- Set a budget and stick to it - Seeing all the Christmassy shop fronts and online store can make us want to spend more and more on our family and friends. To avoid overspending at Christmas, make a list of the extra outgoings you will have and budget accordingly (and stick to it)
- Buying gifts online can help you save money - Not physically going to the shops helps you save on travel costs. You also won't get stuck in any Christmas shopper traffic or jam packed buses or trains.
- Save money and buy gifts in the sales - Buying gifts in the sale straight after Christmas can save so much money! We have at times in our family said to each other we will postpone Christmas for a week and buy all of our gifts for each other in the sales instead, you can literally get twice as much for your money sometimes!
Whatever you are doing this festive period try and enjoy the time with family, friends and pets. Stay safe and enjoy.